Frequently Asked Questions
Are the pipe boxing’s measurements internal or external?
- The boxing measurements are always external sizes. You need to allow 9mm for the thickness of the material, plus some additional space for a fixing batten, possibly a further 30mm or 35mm.
When should I receive my order?
- You will receive your order within 2-3 working days for standard items and 5-7 working days for bespoke made to order products.
Is there a minimum delivery charge
- Yes, minimum carriage and packaging is charged at £16.95 plus vat. This does increase subject to the weight of your individual order.
How will my order be delivered?
- Your order will be delivered by our courier Tuffnell’s. Please note a signature will be required otherwise the driver will not be able to leave the goods. Please check goods for damage before signing for your item.
What is the colour of the boxing?
- The products are finished as standard in a pure white base (Morrell’s product code 9FMW3C) 30% sheen satin paint finish. Alternatively we can supply the products painted with undercoat only option for final finishing by you, maybe to blend into your existing wall colour. Please state “Undercoat Only” in the Notes if you want this option.
Are the pipe boxing’s resistant to moisture?
- Yes, the pipe boxing’s are manufactured from FSC certified moisture resistant MDF, but any spills should be wiped off before they have the chance to damage the paintwork.
How are the products fixed ?
- Typically 2 timber fixing battens are used, either on both walls for vertical applications or on the floor and wall for horizontal applications. These are secured to the walls/floor with screws and plugs with the boxing’s then fixed securely to the battens with screws and white caps. See fixings and accessories.
Does the pipe boxing’s come with battens and fixings as standard ?
- No, the timber fixing battens, screws, and caps are purchased separately, See fixings and accessories.
How is the boxing cut to length ?
- Apply masking tape to the pipe boxing at the point you want to cut. The masking tape will reduce any surface damage when cutting. Cut through the boxing with a sharp fine tooth saw and lightly sand the cut end to achieve a neat finish.
Are the products manufactured from sustainable timber?
- Yes, we manufacture all our products in the UK at our expanding Chesterfield site, using FSC® certified and sustainably sourced materials to ensure we comply with the relevant procurement policies where required. Our FSC Chain of Custody number is NC-COC-005535 NL.